The Olympia Christian School family exists to prepare our students, through quality Christian education, to serve God and our community.
The Olympia Christian School is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to provide a spiritually oriented education for children. A belief in the existence of the Creator God is fundamental in the philosophy of Seventh-day Adventist schools. We respect His divine authority and recognize His intervention in human affairs. We believe that true education develops the spiritual, mental, and physical powers of each student; preparing them for the joy of service in this life and for the higher joy of service in the life to come. To achieve this goal, we encourage each student to:
Since 1922, Olympia Christian school has been committed to the education of the whole child. OCS is established on the belief that to be a Christian is to honor our Lord by reflecting His character and providing service to others. This requires a daily commitment to excellence by students and staff.
The Olympia Christian School is operated in harmony with the guidance and direction of the Office of Education, North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The Seventh-Day Adventist school system is one of the largest in the world ranging from pre-school to medical school and seminaries.
Want to know more? Click on the link below to watch a short video.
Olympia Junior Academy originally started circa 1920's in the basement of the Seventh-day Adventist Church on the corner of North Puget Street and Bigelow Avenue. Housing 50 students, two teachers and a principal, the basement location served the church members well. By the 1950's, they were ready for a more adequate school facility for their students.
In 1952, property on 26th Avenue was purchased. Surplus buildings from Fort Lewis were brought to the site to be converted to classrooms, and a gymnasium was added. The Olympian published a story on Wednesday, March 10, 1954, noting the opening of the new school, Olympia Junior Academy.
Although the 26th Avenue location had served us well for 55 years, we were once again looking to find a more suitable location for our students and staff. After five years of prayer and fund raising, an existing building was purchased in the spring of 2009 at 1215 Ethel Road off of 14th Ave./Walnut Street and Cooper Point Road on the west side of Olympia.
Extensive renovations took place to prepare the school to house our students in grades K-8, as well as a brand new childcare facility for infants through preschool. In September, 2009, the OCS Early Learning Center opened. A year later, in the summer of 2010, the elementary school moved to the new site. In September, Olympia Christian School opened its doors for the 2010-11 school year.